Back on the turf he graced years ago on Saturday, columnist Pat Nevin saw much to admire and many admiring eyes.

A quick look around the Premier League makes it clear that just about everyone else is looking towards Stamford Bridge with envious eyes at the moment. Saturday's victory against a plucky Burnley side was as powerful, controlled and impressive a performance as I have witnessed this season.
Just like last week the flourishing partnership between Drogba and Anelka was in evidence, particularly with the first goal. There were however more signs of subtle interplays and flicks between the two that were bordering on impossible to read. Didier in particular was having one of those days were the phrase, 'he was impossible to play' immediately comes to mind.
He wasn't the only one. When you get almost everyone in the team looking strong fit and confident it usually works pretty well but when some are playing at a stratospheric level, such as Ashley Cole, Michael Essien, Michael Ballack and of course Didier were, then it is a joy to watch, unless of course you are sitting in the Burnley dugout.
Burnley home

Owen Coyle was having to do just that, that is when he finally ventured out of the dressing room. He is an old friend of mine from my Motherwell days at the end of my career and I took the chance to have a chat with the Burnley boss before the game.
The strange thing is that between 2.30 and 2.50 as the players warmed up, there was I sitting in the away dressing room nattering away with the opposition manager. That could have looked quite bad now that I think about it. Happily I didn't give any Chelsea secrets away and he wasn't forthcoming on the Burnley boys, but he made it clear how much he admired the Blues…my guess is he was bordering on awestruck by the end of the game.
In actual fact it was a very strange day for me all round. After that I had a quick chat in the tunnel with JT and Ash before settling down to watch the game. At half time, as many who were there will know, I made the half-time lottery draw. My plan was to stand at the side of the pitch and then quickly shuffle off again without too much fuss, but Mr. Chelsea, Neil Barnett, had different ideas.
He 'kindly' presented me to the crowd much to my chagrin. No matter how kind the fans are, and they were all very gracious, it is not something I ever feel particularly comfortable doing. I think it is something to do with me having had my time in the spotlight as a player, and now it is the time for the current team to bask in the glory.
An old Chelsea fan friend of mine texted later having spotted my discomfort, to tell me that fans like to salute former players, to remind themselves of the history of the club. That was fair enough, but did he really have to add the line 'And you are definitely history.' It made me feel very old indeed.
So more importantly back with the team and on top of all the stunning play there seemed to be as good an attitude on the pitch as I have ever witnessed from this group of players. It wasn't just the skill, it was also the work rate and the willingness to help out their team mates that was spot on. There was also a good feeling about the match, with Burnley treated with every respect even though there was such a gulf in class on the day.
There is an ongoing campaign to show respect in the game and there was plenty on show. Okay it wasn't the most pressured 90 minutes you will ever watch but it was good to feel part of nonetheless. It ran against the grain of the big story that has been running this week regarding Arsenal's Eduardo after his penalty against Celtic.
Diving obviously shouldn't be condoned, but more than that I believe that any player caught should be censured by his own club. Now I understand that those in glass houses should not throw stones, but even if other players have been guilty of diving in the past, I am delighted that not only the press but also the governing bodies are now taking it seriously enough to investigate after the game. It is the only way to stamp this cheating out.
I mention this now because in the past Chelsea players have been accused of the same thing and I have still been first to criticise even if they were wearing the Blue. It was even suggested once or twice that I was a 'Judas' for not backing my own team's players, but I find it is unacceptable whoever it is. I hope we might now be seeing the end of what has been a terrible blight on the sport, but it will only happen if Uefa continue to be strong and vigilant.
Some great efforts for last week's quiz and the winner I have picked is Garvit Srivastava from Delhi, India, who asked, 'How many national team skippers do Chelsea FC have in their first team squad?'
He will receive his prize in the post very soon, but what was the answer to his question? You tell me at pat.nevin@chelseafc.com and I will choose one correct answer at random to receive a copy of Didier Drogba's autobiography. Good luck.